Saturday 24 January 2015

Saga: Volumes 1-4 | Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples



✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ 

I'm very sorry for the mess behind these beautiful novels, (it's brochures for a bunch of different uni's).

~~~this series is unreal~~~
Also this is all spoiler free. 


Saga is an amazing graphic novel series. As of right now I have no idea how many volumes they are making but I hope it's gonna be loads because this series is a must read. It is NSFW and for mature readers as it has sexy times but it's-so-good-you-should-really-like-read-it-!!! It's basically about these two parents (who are new to the whole parenting thing) who are trying to raise their child in the midst of a galactic war. Um....hello???!!! This is amazing go read it now! Saga is truly wonderfully crafted, action packed graphic novels. There is more to the synopsis but the last thing I want to do is spoil people, so I recommend if you're remotely interested to give it a go and I swear you will adore this. I highly recommend this and I have given all the Volumes out so far (which is four) 5/5 stars. 

This is my first ever graphic novel and I absolutely loved it! The experience of reading Saga was very fast because I read all these books on different days but in one sitting. Graphic novels are quick and fast paced, most of the time and you literally whizz through them. Especially this series, I flew through these and now I desperately want to own Saga Volume 5. 

Saga is written by Brian K. Vaughan and illustrated by the lovely Fiona Staples. I can only imagine the time and effort that was put into every single instalment that is out right now. This series seriously does deserve all the hype it's getting because I kid you not it is so unique and very gripping. 

As I said before there is, so far only 4 volumes out and I read all four in the time span of around three days and each volume took me about 20-25 minutes depending on my schedule on that particular day. These graphic novels are also around 140+ pages. 

Saga Consists of: 

These are my first proper (if you will) graphic novel everything was quite displaced in the beginning as I'm not used to it but like literally after a page of two I was hooked. No joke the art is so unique in this series, I'm sure I'm going to be saying this for all the rest of the volumes but I don't know how to explain how wonderful it is without shoving the book in your face. In the fist volume, obviously we get world building and an array of colourful characters as well as the main characters. I remember being so excited. I probably looked high. 

I CANNOT COMPREHEND THE ART, IT'S SO UNIQUE (in my opinion anyways), I LOVE IT! Fiona Staples your graphics are tremendous. 

The writing of this series is nothing special however it is quite humours. As this is a graphic novel I hope none of you are expecting loads and loads of writing. Graphic novels to people who have never read them are like comics. The characters in this series are so loveable, kickass and colourful! I actually don't think I hate or dislike any character, they are all brilliant in their own ways. 

In a nutshell: READ IT! WORTH THE HYPE.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I love Saga. Can't wait to get my hands on the next issue. This story just keeps getting better and better! Following you ;) I also do graphic novel reviews on my blog, along with regular book reviews. Here's a link to my blog if you want to check it out and maybe follow me back: http://ofstacksandcups.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for commenting! I absolutely love this series as well! Thankyou for following, I will definitely have a look at your blog.

      Delete