Sunday 3 May 2015

Being Happy.





some of my faves
tess's birthday

art basel

my love for ed sheeran and his music grows everyday


I know I've been gone for quite a bit but it's only because I'm on exam leave and I need to obviously attend these exams as well as still be revising. I will definitely be updating more coming into summer however after summer I'm not too sure how much I'll be updating as the two years ahead of me are going to be a roller coaster. 

I've been meaning to post this. This post has been in my drafts for months now and I just keep adding to it and never actually posting it. 

I think everyone goes through a time, whether it's a mid-life crisis or you feel like the world in ending and no one is on your side. Some people get this a lot and some people get it once in a while but I'm here to tell you that it'll be okay. Sometimes I think about our world and it makes me sad to see some horrific things happening and I can literally do nothing about it. I have like 5+ close friends (give or take) that actually care about me but know barely anything about me at the same time. I have one close friend that I tell everything to but she's half way across the world. 

You need to be positive. Now I'm assuming all of you reading this are privileged as you're able to read this and for that reason I say try and be happy when things go bad. 

I started 2014 differently and as the year progressed I progressed and learnt so much and became someone I needed when I was younger but never had. I changed the way I perceived things and I read more books. I loved 2014! So much tragedy happened in that year but that year was a personal year for me, I left a mark on that year. 2015 isn't my year and maybe the whole 'my year' thing only happens once in your lifetime, who knows but although 2015 may not be my year it may be someone else's. 

2015 however is weird. It's different. It's not my 2014 but it's a new year and things are bound to happen. I learnt a lot and it's only May. I'm not reading as much but I'm still content with myself and the person I am. I drink lots of water. DRINK WATER! People always told me to but I didn't care but lemme tell you drinking water has so many benefits you'd be amazed. 

I moulded my lifestyle the way I wanted it to be and ate foods that nourished me better. I'm a somewhat vegetarian somewhat vegan. I'm not quite sure but I'm having fun with it. A good way to start off something new or to have some change in your life is to alter your lifestyle for the better. Whether that be drinking less vodka and more water or eating more plant based foods (or more meat based foods?). Getting a haircut and making your hair blue, wearing new clothes, reading more books and cleaning around your room, apartment, house. Listen to good music and now is my time to recommend you some fantastic stuff. Now I'm going to recommend a bunch of different genres and artists:

(the bolded are my new faves or all time faves) 

All Time Low 
Arctic Monkeys 
Ariana Grande
Halsey 
Banks 
Bastille 
Birdy
BORNS
Drake 
Ed Sheeran 
Ellie Goulding 
Fall Out Boy
Fifth Harmony 
Frank Ocean 
Hozier 
Imagine Dragons 
Indila 
James Arthur 
James Bay 
Kodaline
Krewella
Lorde
Marina and the Diamonds 
Nicki Minaj
One Direction
OneRepublic 
Sam Smith
Sia
Skylar Grey 
Taylor Swift
Tove Lo
Years & Years 
Youth Lagoon 
The 1975

As well as this I recommend finding new music on Spotify or 8tracks. 

As this is the awareness week of Anxiety and Depression from the 3rd to the 9th of May. Green and Blue ribbons. I wanna say from someone who suffers from social anxiety I want to say you're not alone, we can do this. 

Help others out! Take care of yourself whether you interpret that as your health, mind, body whatever. Just be content with the person you are! 

Drink water! 

No comments:

Post a Comment