Saturday 28 June 2014

June Wrap Up

Guys, guys, guys my summer holidays have started just a few days before June ends and I cannot explain how done I am with this school year. Never the less I shall not bore you with my end-of-school-year-rants and here is what I have read in the month of June: 

Overall in June I had an acceptable reading month, I read seven books. 

The first three books I read were part of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series which consists of five books. I've only read the first three:

PJ and the Lightning Thief,  ☆.5

PJ and the Sea of Monsters, ☆.5

PJ and the Titans Curse, 

due to #ayearathon, as the theme this month was to read Rick Riordan. I really enjoyed reading these books, they were really fast pace and action packed and just great middle-grade books to read. Here is my review and thoughts on these books.




                     ☆

The next book I read was Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman and I just have so much to say about this book it was so good I cannot even, here is my full review on this book. 





☆.5

The third book I read in the month of June was My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick and this book is a contemporary and a great summer read. I remember tweeting out my feels every ten minutes because this book is phenomenal, I cried I laughed it was so lovely. It's not a sappy Y/A contemporary but more of a REALISTIC one. Here is my full review on this book. 







The next book I read was a highly anticipated book for this year and it might just have to be my favourite book so far this year? I mean it was just so good and I cannot even fathom my thoughts for this. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, lemme just say this was a fantastic ending to the Mortal Instrument series; I'm gonna miss all these characters and the story. Thankyou Cassandra Clare for writing and crafting such a great series. Here is my review on this book. 




The last and final book I read in June was Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, I didn't think I had to review this because it's...Harry Potter.... Although I did find the first two third of this book quite slow, probably because I had watched the movie a few years back and knew who the 'Prince' was and also who dies which kinda took away from the reading experience. 



I did end up reading seven books from my eight book tbr, I just didn't have time to pick up More Than This by Patrick Ness this month, maybe in July.

No comments:

Post a Comment