Sunday 24 August 2014

IT | Alexa Chung


Now I don't know if reviewing this maybe drifting from my 'only y/a' mental contract I have in my head but I just don't care anymore.


This may be outright barbaric to some of you, mostly to people who maybe have read the book or know what it's about and you're probably wondering why I would do a full review on a book I read in less than 15 minutes. Heres why:

I 100% totally understand why many people hate this book or highly dislike it, I understand that it probably took you all less than 15 minutes and it consists of pictures and odd pieces of information you weren't expecting and nothing to take away from. Not your typical autobiography or memoir, if you will.



Maybe I'm biased or I just fucking admire Alexa Chung so bloody much and I'll tell you why. Ever since I could physically choose/buy what I wanted to wear and how I wanted to wear it I always browsed magazines for inspirations especially what Alexa wore. Not just that but the many people Alexa is inspired by have inspired my fashion choices as well, for example: Wionna Ryder, Jane Birkin, Kate Moss, Annie Hall, Natalie Portman, Margot Tenenbaum and the list goes on. We both share very familiar fashion choices. She's just a very lovely person.


The book itself is crafted so beautifully you have to see it to believe it. It consists of bunches of pictures Alexa has taken herself and a few of herself with some information about herself and her life, it's not all pictures there is quite a lot of information (sadly none of the pictures I took show the writing). She writes some advice for teenagers and just advice for life that she wished she had when she was a teenager; she talks about handling heartbreak, there's even some music recommendations. It's definitely not long enough for a 'perfect' autobiography but it's a snippet and I loved every bit of those 15 minutes. It was just a fun read just like this is a fun review. A spur of the moment.

I started this book at approximately just before the sun was setting and I read through the sunset and it was absolutely wonderful. The reading experience is just as great, I found myself laughing at the fun pictures and intrigued with her life story. I couldn't put it down and I ended up reading it in one sitting just before it got dark dark. A day later and I still find myself reaching for it and skimming the pages for inspiration.


A fabulous book for fashion lovers or anyone really. I highly recommend this. I gave it 4.5 stars on goodreads. It's so pretty. I really just wanted more, more of her life and overall just moreeee.


No comments:

Post a Comment