Monday 18 August 2014

Landline | Rainbow Rowell


*sorry for not posting any reviews and being a total couch potato for like a millennia, i'm so sorry not that any of you probably care or read this but w/e.

Love, Love, LoVE!

SQUEEEEEEE this book! Prior to reading this I was in a shitty reading slump for like a month and a half and once I picked this up just before school re-started (kill me now) I was out of that slump and back into my old reading habits and I love Rainbow Rowell, just saying. 

Landline is an adult novel (I know it's not y/a but I will get to that in a second) and follows Georgie McCool and Neal who are having marriage issues and Georgie knows it, they both love each other very much but at this point it doesn't matter, not anymore. So when Neal decided to visit his family in Omaha for Christmas and plans the trip for Georgie and their two daughters but Georgie can't won't go cause of work: she's a TV writer and something comes up on her show so she has to stay in Los Angeles while Neal packs up and takes off with the girls. That night Georgie discovers a way to communicate with Neal in the past with a 'magic' yellow landline. Could she fix her marriage before it starts? or are they both better of if their marriage never happened...?

Yes, I know it's not Y/A and I usually review only young adult but this is like the only exception I swear (please?). I say this because Rainbow Rowell mostly writes young adult and thus far she has two y/a novels and two adult novels, not to mention they are all very similar, in the sense that even though it maybe an adult novel you can still read it even though you read y/a (well duhh) but the writing is very much same and yeah, just read her books omg. 

The characters in this book are so loveable, all of them. This whole book is so cute I cannot. Neal is adorable so very adorable and their daughters Alice and Noomie, so much cuteness! 

This book made me so happy even though literally the whole book the main character Georgie goes through so much with family, work and a whole lot of stressing out. I cried. I will admit this, only because Neal and Georgie are so damn cute (when they aren't at eachothers throats of course); there are flashbacks to earlier in their relationship which is like the best thing ever. 

So far I can say that I've read 3 of the 4 books Rainbow Rowell has out and I can also say she is one of my favourite authors. I love literally everything she writes so far and even though this may just be the first book of hers I've reviewed on this blog I do truly adore her. Her writing is just so loveable and un-forgetfully funny. She's so great and I recommend any of her books, this one may just be my new obsession for the next few weeks. 

I disliked nothing and the only thing that I would have to say is that I just want more. So, so, so much more please. 


x
tia


No comments:

Post a Comment