Saturday 29 August 2015

Alex + Ada #1 | Jonathan Luna and Sarah Vaughn



✴ ✴ ✴ 

I find it so ironic that in my last post I was all 'So, so sorry that I've been gone for ages! Promise to post so much more over my summer holidays.'

and in reality it was *crickets chirping* 

Yes, I am sorry I posted nothing since my last post (more than a month ago) but I just fell flat and was not motivated to read, which results in not posting any reviews for you sunflowers. I am upset that I wanted to read lots over summer and to post lots of reviews for you all but I didn't. But I don't regret not reading over summer either. I've just gone through some bad stuff and I just needed a break from everything, which basically was the whole of my summer. 

Anyways enough of me saying why I haven't posted (like every other time) and lets just get on with this CUTE GRAPHIC NOVEL! 

I FELL IN LOVE WITH THE CONCEPT AND THE ART. 

I'm 15 books behind my reading schedule and I don't think I'll make it to the end of this year with reading all 70 books and on top of that at the end of August I start IB (International Baccalaureate) program. So yeah, I'm fucked. I decided to change my year reading challenge to 50 books like last year, but I'm three books behind that too. I'm trying! I just don't want to have all this stress and then having to read becomes a chore. 

'The last thing in the world Alex wanted was an X5, the latest in realistic androids. But after Ada is dropped into his life, he discovers she is more than just a robot.'

...yeah that's the summary on goodreads....

This may sound very cliche. BUT DON'T SLAM IT DOWN JUST YET! 

I love the plot.
I love the concept.
I love the main characters.
I love the world.
I LOVE THE IDEA! 

To summarise it better, the main - Alex, gets a birthday present sent from his grandmother which is an X5 android and he doesn't want it at all. X5 androids are built to the owners pleasure, they will do whatever the owner whats it to do unless it's something like 'kill someone!' In a sense, they are built with rules/morals. This is a dystopian graphic novel (which is actually quite a lot of them anyways.) 

If you are like me and you don't exactly love reading sci-fi or anything related to AI or just space and technology based books then don't fret! I mean I do like most of those types of books and there are always exceptions but just in general I don't like reading sci-fi. I want to say that this has elements of that so it's not filled to the brim with all that type of jazz; it's a graphic novel, so you're always engaged with the graphics....beautiful graphics. 

The art/graphics in this didn't amaze me like the graphics in the Saga series which I also have a review of here. I'm not sure why every time I read a graphic novel I have to compare it to Saga. It's probably because SAGA WAS AMAZING and everything has to now live up to that. I've actually read lots of graphic novels this year because I thought I wouldn't be able to read lots considering my work load and the amount of stuff that's going to be thrown my way in the next half of this year. 

The plot in this novel is definitely different to the other graphic novels I have read only because the concept is totally different and the fact that this is gonna be a series (I'm sure) and the fist book (this one) does not have any romance in it. Now....when I say that I mean that in this particular instalment there was no romance/sex, sexual references... a little but nothing full on. I am 100% sure that as the series grows and goes on there will be sexy times. 

I truly did enjoy reading this there were parts I did find a little boring but I read this really fast, I think I read it in a day? or maybe two, I don't actually remember. What I do know is that I read this fast. 

I hope you understand that I'm really annoyed and mostly sad (it's like 80% sad, 15% annoyed and 5% glitter) that I can't upload as regularly with the work load I have but I will try when I feel like it and maybe in my free time as well as weekends. I still love you all and I love this blog I've created!

If you did miss me, don't worry because I will have another fab post out in a few days with my summer escapades and the two and a half books I read over that time period. I'm kinda out of my mojo when writing reviews as I've been gone almost two months so feel free to ask me questions on this graphic novel or anything else if you want!

xx 


No comments:

Post a Comment