Tuesday 9 September 2014

Champion | Marie Lu


☆ ☆ ☆ 


Actually so sad that this series has concluded for me. I absolutely fell in love with all these characters and tears were shed, I highly, highly recommend this series to literally anyone who's a bibliophile; a bonus if you're a dystopian fan.

It's not a typical dystopian; throwing around cliche words of rebellion. I'm really gonna miss reading about these characters *sighs* it was bound to happen, goddammit it happened again, I keep getting attached to stacks of paper. This is so ridiculous!


I didn't think I was going to love this series as much as I do; when I first started it with Legend- the first book in this series I was very iffy about it. There was insta-love and that degraded the whole book for me, I just...why....but you have to get to reading further and more of these characters to really understand. It truly gets better as it progresses, everything clicks although your heart shatters.

This whole series started with hella action and ended with hella more. Very fast pace and filled with so much suspense to keep you on edge. Prodigy (the second book) ended with some shocking facts about Day that I'm sure killed all us readers and the fact I read this series way, way after if came out I luckily had all three books in my possession. I seriously feel for all of you who finished Prodigy and didn't have Champion, wow the struggle it must have been.

All the books in this series are written in duel perspectives and in Legend- Day's perspective was written in yellow ink; in Prodigy it was blue and in the final book Champion it was red.



I was constantly figuring out how this would end as there is only so many ways it could, although this was the case Marie Lu keeps you thinking and thinking, and never in a million years would I have imagined it to conclude the way it has- it didn't disappoint.

The one thing that I will probably remember the most of Lu's writing would be the way she writes her characters- Day and June, or you could say the way she has developed them. Both these main characters have come such a long way from the beginning and this is why I strongly urge you to continue this series after the first book. You can really see how this journey has taken these characters to extreme lengths and how they have bloomed at the end of this fabulous series and that's why I love reading well crafted young-adult. June and Day are such loveable characters, you really can't forget them.

Around the last third of the book was where I really found myself flustered and brimming with tears. Just so much happens and you just gotta let it all out sometimes, I never really cry in books and it takes a skilled writer to bring tears to my eyes and to keep me questioning motives. Marie Lu is such a talented writing and I think everyone should read her books. Life is way to short to be reading crap books written by crap writers!

I put off reviewing this for around a week because I didn't know how I would approach this review because of everything that happens in this book, but if there is one thing I can write properly it would be: that I don't regret picking up this series.

It's actually over. I can't. 



No comments:

Post a Comment