Thursday 4 September 2014

▲ September tbr ▲


Haven't done a tbr list since June/July. I didn't do one for August cause that was a terrible reading month for me, the reading slump hit hard. In August I only read four book: Legend, Prodigy, IT and Landline and I have reviews for all four books. Obviously the reading slump was a buzz kill and I hope to do better in September and I plan to reading quite a bit having got out of my slump.


From top to bottom:

Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov 
Four by Veronica Roth 
Cress by Marissa Meyer 
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (if you didn't know already...)
+ Champion by Marie Lu (which isn't in the picture because it was a spur of the moment buy and I've already finished reading it. 

Thats a grand (maybe not so grand) total of seven books, considering I just got out of a reading slump for a month and a half I think it's pretty alright. I may also switch out books for other books depending of my mood because I don't really like having a fixed tbr it makes me paranoid. 

I've already started Deathly Hallows and Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe in early July but haven't completed finished either because of the many other books that suck the living out of me. Although I've already read Champion and :O 

I'm also trying to read more classics, this is because most of the conversations I tend to have with people (mostly a new adults/adults) about books always lead to classics and their favourites or which they dislike and I haven't read a whole lot of classics. I'm starting slow but I'll get there. If you have any classics that you love and would like me to read just let me know, I would be delighted to check them out. 

***p.s I'm like two books away from my 2014 reading challenge of 50 books, although all my friends say I could have done than and I should have done 100 instead, I am still quite proud (and yeah I should have done 100 but w/e). 

How many books have you read so far this year or how close are you to your goal?

~Hope you all have a great September and a lovely reading month. 



No comments:

Post a Comment