Tuesday 16 December 2014

December.




I'm alive. 

Like seriously I didn't like give up on this blog or like decide to travel the world. But a lot and I mean A LOT has happened since my hiatus. Ferguson, Palestine, Mexico, Hong Kong, Thailand, more recently Sydney, Pakistan and many more and it's like a harrowing tragedy after another. I didn't feel in the mood in the midst of all these horrific events to be posting and reading anything really; I just felt that it was very tone deaf and could be held for another time. 

I was hoping that 2014 would be a fantastic year for myself as I was recovering and trying to find/understand myself more. I created this blog to document my reading journey, if you will. I was too focused on a relationship I have with a very lovely person whilst trying to focus on my studies whilst coping with social anxiety. I realised that there was a time and place for a relationship and right now at this time and place I didn't need that; I needed to help myself better in order to feel better. I'm glad I've overcome so much but a lot of  tragic incidents were littered through this year, I kept everyone affected in my thoughts and I hope right now that the people in Pakistan, Sydney are holding strong and everyone is staying safe.  Not just those, but everyone and everything else that has affected many, I hope you are safe. 

It wasn't just that these issues where going on and it was honestly so frightening to see this happen, but in the midst of this havoc I was going through some important exams and that consumed most of my time. I haven't read anything for the whole of November (apart from one book at the beginning of the month) and that is why there was no November tbr or wrap up. I don't think many people actually read this but more so for my documented thoughts and for that reason I didn't think I needed to rapidly update.  

Christmas/Hanukah is near and any other traditions you may celebrate are coming close as well as another year. I may or may not do a '2014 books I read' but then again very tone deaf and I would prefer to address all this first. 

If you care, I am currently reading/trying to finish Deathly Hallows and I have just about 90 or so pages left. I don't really have a tbr for this month and I'm more or less just going with it. If you would like to know what I am reading/any updates I will just link my goodreads and twitter

I hope you are all well and take care. 
Please keep all these people affected in your thoughts and prayers. 
Send love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment