Wednesday 8 October 2014

Heir of Fire #3 | Sarah J. Maas


✴ ✴ ✴ ✴ 

This book was everything and it gave me life. 

Heir of Fire is the third book in a 'in-the-process-six-book-series'. Only three of the six (or maybe seven) books are out so far. The first book is: Throne of Glass and the second: Crown of Midnight. If you haven't started this series I just think you should, so listen to me and do it! I mean why would you not want to read good books? I'm telling you it is worth it! So, so worth it! 

It's a young-adult fantasy series (quite epic fantasy in my opinion). Much fantasy happens in this book (ha ha)..... Fantasy, fantasy, fantasy. It sucks me into this fictional world and every time I get so invested. Every goddamn time!

Obviously this book would pick up from where the second one ended as it is the...third book. However I went into this book not knowing very much of what happens it in, I forced myself off tumblr and looking at other peoples reviews cause I didn't even want a mere idea of where this was going. I did this cause my brain does this lame thing where it 'thinks' and weird-ass theories pop up and I end up ruining the book for myself. So even if you have read the first two books I recommend you don't ask people who have read the book or read a brief premiss about it, unless of course you desperately want to. 

I don't want to spark any theories that may spoil for anyone. I feel like if I tried to explain or give you a brief summary of this book I would end up spoiling the book, so yeah. Just go into it and be ready to be amazed. 

......although if you would like a synopsis, here is Sarah J. Maas herself, explaining a bit about her third book. 


In this instalment of the series we get some new characters and new perspectives to follow, the books a written in third persepctives so you get a good overview of all the main characters something similar to Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin.  As said in the video we get a new character - Manon Blackbeak - in my opinion she is quite similar to Khaleesi (Daenerys Targaryen) in Game of Thrones as she has a huge part in the book series but doesn't mix/meet the rest of the cast. I would also like to mention Manon is my new favourite person in this series apart from Celaena of course. Sarah J. Maas you are actually amazing, the fluidity of her writing and the epicness of the fantasy!

Celaena Saradothian, the assassin. Yeah, lets go there. I thought in the first book she was amazing; one of the best female heroines I have ever read. Then the second book rolls around and she got even more badass. Now with the third instalment, she absolutely sparked and just to think there are probably gonna be three or four more books to see her truly ignite. 

You mean there's more?
Oh yeah! 

The character development *screams*. You can actually see how she has developed and bloomed and become so much more badass and loveable. Literally my favourite character, ever! And not just her but the rest of the cast have developed from the first book as well. Celaena will always be my favourite book character. People ask me what team I'm on romance wise and I always say team Celaena, I actually have no clue who 'end-game' is or might be so yeah. 

When I first started this series only read it for the romance and I know that was terrible but I was young and foolish. Now I read it for Celaena and the story line; her epic story and where this journey will take us readers. (I still cannot believe I used to read book for just their romance plot.......wow I seriously needed to sort my priorities.)

I have all three books in the UK edition and I think they look fab, I mean I love the US hardbacks as well but you know how sometimes the hardback of a book looks so good and the paperback look like horsecrap.

I knew from 50 pages in that I was gonna give this five stars, and the rest of the book was even more phenomenal. This is me, legit:


There is a lot of hype surround this series and I mean I understand why but I also understand that many people may pick up the first book and think it was alright/ehhh but I can only encourage you to read the second book because the books truly do get better! The second book really got me into the world and the characters; the third, well I almost died because the third book was fantastic and blew me away. 

I highly, highly recommend you start this series; I promise no ragrets (inserted we are the millers reference). 







No comments:

Post a Comment