Sunday 12 February 2017

Colour Study | PINK!

Starting this series of with a BANG! THE COLOUR PINK.
I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS SERIES! I've decided on posting a 'Colour Study' every 2 months, just to keep you on your toes and so that I don't run out of colours by next week.




So these are all the books I have that are PINK! Or at least have a substantial amount of pink in them or on their covers. 

These books aren't in any particuliar order so, from left to right: 
Vampire Academy #1 by Richelle Mead 
Not That Kind Of Girl by Lena Dunham 
My True Love Gave to Me by (a collection of authors) 
Dork Diaries #1 by Rachel Renee Russell 
Airhead by Meg Cabot
Princess Poppy The Fashion Princess by Janey Louise Jones 

Vampire Academy = Okay, so I actually bought this book on my own from this bookstore 40 minutes away from where I live/the city nearby me. I think I was there in a mall for a reason but I don't remember what that reason was exactly. That mall, just so happened to have a bookstore that I ended up getting this cause this was back when Vampire Academy was still blowing up and the movie was about to come out. The only reason I got the movie edition book was because it came with a free movie poster and I was like 'hit me up pls'! I still have the poster to this day on the side of one of my bookshelves. The book itself....sucked. 

Not That Kind Of Girl = I don't know where to begin with this book. I got it cause it was said to be a 'feminist book' and well, I was disappointed. It was boring, I didn't even get halfway. I did really like the aesthetic of the book though. In the midst of me trying to conquer this book a load of stuff came out about Lena Dunham and just really put me off. I don't want to go into it, if you're curious google it. That is all I have to say about this book. She is very Problematic not to Start Shit or anything but im not interested in what she has to say. 

My True Love Gave To Me = Well, this is a short story collection contributed by a bunch of fab YA authors. I have a review of all of that here

Yes Please = This was a heavy book. Literally and figuratively. There is a bunch of anecdotal stories, colour, humour, advice, filled to the brim with laughter. Very enjoyable, kinda bland at some parts but generally a wholesome book. I won't go into too much detail for this as I have my review of that here 

IT = LOVE <3 I really adored this book when I got it and I still do. I got the beautiful hardback version and I regret nothing. It is such a wonderful purchase. Alexa Chung is one of my fashion inspirations and I really love her style and her as a person, she so dope! In addition, I also follow her on Instagram which I do recommend because her posts are funny and she surrounds herself with such positivity it's nice to see on your feed. I won't say anymore as I have a review of this book right here. The photos I took of the book were one of my favourites in a post. 

Landline = I loved this so much! One of my favourite books ever written by one of my favourite authors ever.  Here is my review

Anna and the French Kiss = I also have a review of this with all the juicy deets! Such a good feel good book, one of my favourites. 

Dork Diaries = This is so nostalgic, I read these when I was around 10-12. It was honestly such a cute series when I was younger. I still have all these books, I'll probably donate or give them to my sister. 

Gifted = Oh my god! This book along with the series of 4 books I believe was the shit. I only had the first 3 in the series and this was back when I was a wannabe teen at the age of 9-12ish. It was back when the vampy/witch stuff was in and all the paranormal stuff. I remember nothing of these books or the series but I read them all, they weren't thick books at all and looking the them now, the font size was huge (iop) compared to what I read now. All in all, I can't say much on these because I remember nothing of what I've read. 

Airhead = I had this. Meg Cabot was all over my primary school library but for some reason I couldn't get into any of her books. I had accidentally purchased the second book in this series so I decided to get the first one and read from there. Turns out I hated the premiss and the characters. So now I have the entire trilogy which I have read but I remember nothing of it. 

Princess Poppy = This was one of the first ever 'chapter books' I ever read. My uncle got it for me and told me I should put my name in it so no one would ever take it. Gosh! How nostalgic this makes me. It was PINK, like so PINK, the pages were even pink. 

I know I went into these books superficially but the point of this 'study' isn't to review but to indulge you through the books I have. Although, I have linked proper reviews for books with a review on this blog. If you are really interested drop me a comment and I'll try and tell you what you need to know. <3 Have a lovely one everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment